2.15.2010

I don't do this that often...

...and it is fairly easy to tell the difference from when Cam posts something and when I do (hers are always happy, upbeat photos and stories and mine just, well, are not...)But I have been reading two fairly different, yet similar books lately:

Living Next Door to the Death House by Virginia and David Owens


and

The Autobiography of an Execution by David Dow


The reasons why I am reading these two titles are not profound, but what is - is the fact that Texas leads the country in death-row executions (almost beating out the combined total of every other state in our blessed union!). The interesting access point that these two titles combined presents goes far beyond the personal and looks at all angles allowing you, as the reader, to exercise your opinion in a judicious manner about what is going on in this peculiar part of our country. Personally - I have never been opposed to letting them form their own country, but that is a post for another thread.

No comments: