4.26.2007

My Grandma is a baller

I try to chat with my 83 year-old grandmother about twice a week, but when the playoffs come round every April, I can hardly get a word in. Today's conversation:
Me: "I don't know grandma, I don't think that Phoenix can get past Dallas in the West."

Grandma: "That's crazy talk, Dallas only has one good player and if Amare Stoudemire steps up his "D" then they can keep him from hitting his oustside jumper."

Me: "What about Nash, do you think he should win the MVP again even though he has never won a title?"

Grandma: "He is due this year, I told you last year that this would be their year. Look at how they have shut down Kobe the first two games. Once Kobe is taken off his game, then Phoenix can 'shoot threes like mad.'"

Me: "Love you Grandma"

Grandma: "Love you too, kiss Sully for me"

If you ever meet my grandma, one word of caution: do not mention Charles Barkley, she hates him and will rant for 20 minutes...

No comments: